Q. What is covered in the guarantee?
All Khyam products are covered under our Product Lifetime Guarantee and we are aware that from time to time faults can appear. Should a product fail due to manufacturing defects in workmanship and/or materials, or a genuine fault, we will repair the item free of charge or replace at our discretion. If it’s no longer available, we’ll replace with an alternative from our current range that’s as close to it as possible.
Q. What is NOT covered with the guarantee?
Our guarantee covers genuine manufacturing faults or defects only and does not cover normal wear and tear. To help clarify what this means, here’s a few pointers of things that wouldn’t be covered:
- Adhesive/glue/bonding. Adhesives will naturally dry and break down over time because of age, particularly with heavy use and poor after care. This issue on items over 10 years old would not be considered.
- Wear and tear. Anything that’s reaching or has reached the end of its serviceable life. For example, if a zip breaks on a heavily used item, it’s usually down to wear and tear rather than a fault.
- Accidental damage. Whether it’s caused by you or someone else –this includes rips, cuts, scuffs, tears, abrasions, odours and stains aren’t covered.
- Colour Fading. All synthetic fabrics will fade over a period of time. This is caused by ultraviolet radiation present in daylight. Ultra Violet radiation will eventually cause a weakening of all synthetic fabrics. As UV degradation is a natural characteristic of synthetic fabrics, it is not possible for us to predict nor guarantee the life of any synthetic fabric. It is now possible to treat the flysheet of your tent with a good solar proof concentrate which will prolong the life of your tent. Further advice on re proofing and Solar proofing is available in our FAQ’s section of our website.
- Poor aftercare. Your product should be cared for and properly maintained. If, for example, your tent is packed away wet and isn’t properly dried, then any stains or leakage would be due to poor aftercare, rather than being a manufacturer’s fault.
- Leaking waterproofs. Waterproofs that have reached or are close to the end of their serviceable life through use.
- Doors/openings on waterproof items. These are very difficult to guarantee as waterproof and there are circumstances that would give the impression that there’s a leak when in fact there isn’t (for example, opening and closing doors in the rain or bringing wet garments inside. even condensation build up). Even when doors are protected by a rain flap, rain can still sneak in when doors are opened/closed - but rest assured that it won’t pass through tents flysheet.
- Damage caused by misuse or alteration of the product.
- Any consequential loss or damage resulting from a fault.
- Second hand items. Unfortunately, our guarantee covers only the original owner but that shouldn’t stop you having fun in some great Khyam stuff.
- Storm Damage. Products are not designed to withstand heavy storms, and we advise to strike any tent/awnings if winds are high enough to cause damage.
- Shock Corded Fibreglass Poles. These are very difficult to guarantee as poor aftercare or misuse can cause damage.
Q. How long are products covered for?
We go that bit further at Khyam. We don’t just guarantee our products for a set time frame. We like to be more flexible because the lifespan of our products varies depending on a few factors. For example, a heavily used or poorly maintained item will probably have a shorter life than an averagely used or well-looked after item. That’s why our team of experts consider each case individually. If we’ve missed something that applies to your product, don’t worry - this is just a guide to help you, it’s not an exhaustive list. Remember, our team of experts consider every case individually. So, get in touch with whoever you bought it from and we’ll take a look.