Connecting your awning to your van can be daunting when there are so many different methods available. Here, we’ll run through the different possibilities.
Vehicles with no awning rail/guttering.
For those of you who don’t have any fixtures/fittings on your vehicle, we’ve produced a product called the Kador Convertor which is used in conjunction with Figure of 8 Strips. Please note that Figure of 8 Strips do come included with Motordome awnings.
To use these all you need to do is:
1. Slide the Figure of 8 Strip onto the beading of the awning tunnel.
2. Thread the Kador Convertor into the Figure of 8 Strips.
3. Position the webbing straps over the roof of your vehicle. At this point you can peg the straps into the ground on the other side of the vehicle or tie them to your roof bars (if you have them).
Need a demonstration? Just click this link.
Vehicles with guttering/a J-rail/Reimo Multi Rail.
There are two options for you if you have a guttering or a J-rail on your vehicle. The first is the Figure of 8 Strips. To connect all you need to do is:
1. Slide the Figure of 8 Strips onto the beading of the awning tunnel.
2. Slide/clip the Figure of 8s into the guttering/rail on your vehicle.
For a demonstration click this link.
The second option for you is to use the Pole and Clamp Kit. To use this:
1. Slide the pole through the sleeve on the awning tunnel.
2. Place the pole into the guttering/J-rail.
3. Fix the clamps at both ends of the pole and inside the awning from underneath.
Vehicle with C-channel Rail/Fiamma Wind Out Awning/Reimo Multi Rail/etc.
To connect your awning to a rail with a C-channel you will use Double Kador and Figure of 8 Strips. Please note that Figure of 8 Strips do come included with Motordome awnings. To use:
1. Wind out your awning rail (only if you have a wind-out awning).
2. Thread your Double Kador through your C-channel.
3. Hold up the beading on your awning tunnel near the Double Kador and bring the Figure of 8s between the two.
4. Simultaneously thread the Figure of 8 onto the Kador and the beading – this will bring the two together.
5. Wind your awning rail in if necessary.
The Double Kador is available to purchase in three different sizes – 7x4mm, 7x6mm and 7x7mm. To identify which one you require you will need to measure your awning channel. A great way to do this is to slide in drill bits of those sizes and the best fit will provide your measurement.
To see this demonstrated click this link.